Low Single Leg with wrestling tips
- If you lead with your right foot then you will shoot for your opponents left leg and visa versa.
- Once you clear his hands and you have an open shot then lower your stance and take a deep penetration step with your lead foot
- When you take that step your foot will be on the outside of your opponents leg- and just like the double leg you should be on your knee momentarily till you get a hold of his leg
- Also instead of grabbing around his knee like with a high single leg, you are going to lock around his calf
- So at this point you are on your knees and your arms are locked around your oppenents calf, and your opponent should still be standing
- So now whatever calf you are locked around you want to work your way to the side of that leg your locked around. So instead of being in front of your opponent locked on his leg, you want to be to the side of your opponent.
- Now drive your right shoulder into his knee to drop your opponent to his knees
- When this happens you can let go of his calf and do whatever you want since you will be behind him
- Like you should always do, make sure you have an open shot before going for his leg. So you want to clear his arms from in front of himself. For more detail on this just view the double leg takedown.
- Make sure you have a tight lock on your opponents calf. If you dont then he can just pull his leg out from your grasps and guess what you will still be on the ground and he will still be standing so now he can sprawl on you and try to get some points.
- When you go to take your opponent down put a lot of pressure using your shoulder on the back of your competitors knee. This will help not only get him to his knees but also keep his focus on trying not to fall instead of trying to escape.